Johnny Reb III 15mm Quick Reference Chart
When you are playing Johnny Reb III, it is nice to be able to refer to the quick reference chart for ease of available information on gaming scales, movement scale, turn sequence, order definitions, infantry formations, artillery formation and unit organization. Check out the Johnny-Reb-15mm-Quick-Reference-Chart-Two-Page to get a PDF version of the two page 15mm Quick Reference Chart for Johnny Reb III. This chart and information is also listed on the Johnny Reb page of this site.
About Johnny Reb III
Johnny Reb is a miniature ACW (American Civil War) board wargame first published by American Games in 1983, designed by John Hill.
- Infantry Regiments – Four equal sized stands with no more than five figures per stand. If regiment is larger than that, use separate battalions.
- Cavalry Regiment – Four equal sized stands with no more than three figures per stand. If regiment is larger than that, use separate battalions.
- Artillery Battery – One gun stand represents one battery. Number of gunners on stand indicates number of sections in the battery.
- Officers – One mounted officer figure for brigade commander, two for division and three or more corps.
- Fr – First Fire. Fire before any movement.
- D – Disengage. Cuts all causalities in half.
- H – Hold. Unit may fire any time during turn.
- C – Charge. Charge nearest enemy unit.
- → – Move. Move this Direction.
- Fm – Change formation. Takes 1/2 move, except green, skirmish or disorder – takes full move.
- Ground Scale – 1 inch equals 50 yards
- Time Scale – 1 turn equals 20 minutes
- Soldier Scale – 1 figure equals 30 men
- Gun Scale – 1 gun equals 1 battery
- 25mm – Use 1.5 inches for movement
- 15mm – Use 1 inch for movement
- 10mm – Use three-quarters inch for movement
- 5mm – Use one-half inch for movement
How to Check Morale
With 2 die unit, must roll higher than its Modified Morale Point (MPM) to pass. If not, unit fails and drops a morale level. If it rolls a 2, it routs. But, if unit rolls a 12, it rallies.
When to Check Morale
- When unit takes its first loss.
- 2. “Hit” by arty, shrpshttr, + 1 MPM (Modified Morale Point) per
- 3, When unit losses stand or section
- 4. If unit is within 6 inches, of routed or destroyed unit or officer killed.
For more information, refer to the Johnny-Reb-15mm-Quick-Reference-Chart-Two-Page