Summary of Game Rules for Johnny Reb III
- Infantry Regiments – Four equal sized stands with no more than five figures per stand. If regiment is larger than that, use separate battalions.
- Cavalry Regiment – Four equal sized stands with no more than three figures per stand. If regiment is larger than that, use separate battalions.
- Artillery Battery – One gun stand represents one battery. Number of gunners on stand indicates number of sections in the battery.
- Officers – One mounted officer figure for brigade commander, two for division and three or more corps.
- Fr – First Fire. Fire before any movement.
- D – Disengage. Cuts all causalities in half.
- H – Hold. Unit may fire any time during turn.
- C – Charge. Charge nearest enemy unit.
- → – Move. Move this Direction.
- Fm – Change formation. Takes 1/2 move, except green, skirmish or disorder – takes full move.
- Ground Scale – 1 inch equals 50 yards
- Time Scale – 1 turn equals 20 minutes
- Soldier Scale – 1 figure equals 30 men
- Gun Scale – 1 gun equals 1 battery
- 25mm – Use 1.5 inches for movement
- 15mm – Use 1 inch for movement
- 10mm – Use three-quarters inch for movement
- 5mm – Use one-half inch for movement
How to Check Morale
With 2 die unit, must roll higher than its Modified Morale Point (MPM) to pass. If not, unit fails and drops a morale level. If it rolls a 2, it routs. But, if unit rolls a 12, it rallies.
When to Check Morale
- When unit takes its first loss.
- 2. “Hit” by arty, shrpshttr, + 1 MPM (Modified Morale Point) per
- 3, When unit losses stand or section
- 4. If unit is within 6 inches, of routed or destroyed unit or officer killed.
For more information, refer to the Johnny-Reb-15mm-Quick-Reference-Chart-Two-Page
Additional Links to Johnny Reb Sites